Open Staff Positions
We are on a journey toward being a church family that is intentionally ministering to and disciplining the next generation, in hopes of growing our congregation both spiritually and numerically. We have a full-time minister, part-time children’s minister, part-time youth minister, a volunteer administrative assistant, and an interim part-time worship leader. This position would require a minimum of 40 hours per week, but a flexible schedule is expected based on the activities scheduled during each week and weekend.
We are looking for a part-time youth minister. This is a general youth ministry position responsible for grades 6-12; but the position will allow plenty of time for school and/or another part-time job. Primary duties include S.S staffing and curriculum, Wednesday and/or Sunday night programming as well as help plan and oversee some outside activities with the primary goal of being to evangelize and disciple youth, and indirectly their parents/guardians. We have an excellent volunteer base so team building ability and relational skills are important. Musical and athletic abilities and knowledge of technology would be very helpful but not required. The church parsonage was recently converted into a youth house with ample classroom space and a recreational hangout room.
Salary/mileage/housing negotiable depending on the applicant’s needs and the extent to which he/she is willing to help our youth and church grow and serve the church’s vision of “connecting people to Jesus, to one another and to the community.”
Please submit your resume/application via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Adults Outreach Minister
We currently have an opening for a Young Adult Outreach minister. We are on a journey toward being a church family that is intentionally ministering to and disciplining the next generation, in hopes of growing our congregation both spiritually and numerically. We have a full-time minister, part-time children’s minister, part-time youth minister, a volunteer administrative assistant, and an interim part-time worship leader.
For the Young Adult Outreach minister duties, we are looking for someone who can minister to and coordinate outreach to college students, young adults, and young families (adults approximately ages 18 to 35 and their families). We recognize that it may make sense to divide this group into different age groups as the ministry grows. Duties have not been fully defined. We expect the position will grow and be defined over time as we have someone working in this capacity.
But in general, this position would include things like:
• develop and implement creative ways of reaching this next generation for Jesus Christ;
• coordinate and develop programs/activities, small groups, etc., for adults in this age group;
• teach a Sunday School class weekly for this age group, or at least part of this age group;
• attend and support as many church events as possible; and
• work closely with the Senior Minister, Youth Minister, Children’s Minister, and eldership to coordinate programs, themes, etc.
We would prefer that the candidate filling this position have the following:
• experience in the ministry (preferred);
• effective communication, interpersonal, and teaching skills;
• passion to see the Great Commission fulfilled, particularly in this next generation; and
• demonstrated ability/capacity to lead.
The Worship and Young Adult Outreach Minister will take instruction from and be accountable to the Senior Minister and the Eldership.
If you have an interest in this opportunity to serve the Lord both in worship and in outreach ministry, please submit resume email@example.com.
Both the Youth & Young Adult minister positions are eligible to become full time if the candidate is capable of serving as Worship Minister as well.
We are seeking a candidate who is able and called to lead people into a place of worship that engages all generations. While musical ability is a must, the gift of serving with humility and leading God’s people into genuine worship is also of the upmost importance.
Duties for this portion of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• plan and lead Sunday Morning Worship, working with the Senior Minister to coordinate themes, etc.;
• oversee the tech team volunteers (audio, video, etc.);
• recruit and coordinate volunteers to help with worship on Sunday mornings;
• conduct a weekly team rehearsal; and
• attend the bi-weekly staff meeting.
If you are eligible for this position, please include this information with your resume.
2517 Browns Mill Rd
Johnson City, TN, 37604